In a mid-week blog post, Stadia announced that sometime in the summer, Control will arrive on the platform and Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 is dropping on June 22nd.
Let’s have a look at exactly what they’re all about.
Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 – The Official Video Game
In another outing for SEGA to Stadia, this time we see the Olympics take the stage front and centre.
Choose between 18 fun-fueled sporting events—from Tennis and Football to the 100m, Basketball, and Boxing—there’s always a record to beat and a score to settle.
Going for gold has never been this much fun!
- Craft Your Dream Olympian! – Dress to impress on the biggest stage with over 50 costume designs for your avatar.
- Pick Up And Play! – Whatever your gaming level, go for gold in a wide variety of accessible, arcade-style sports.
- Team Up Or Face-Off! – Celebrate the greatest sporting event on earth and join the party in fun, friendly competition.
Control is certainly the bigger of the two games and I think most in the community will be caught between surprise that it’s actually coming to Stadia or feeling like it was only a matter of time. Regardless of where you sit on this, it’s an absolutely top-notch game launching on the platform. Not only is it launching but it’s the Ultimate Edition!
Winner of over 80 awards, Control is a visually stunning third-person action-adventure that will keep you on the edge of your seat. Blending open-ended environments with the signature world-building and storytelling of renowned developer Remedy Entertainment, the game presents an expansive and intensely gratifying experience. Control Ultimate Edition features the main game and all previously released expansions (“The Foundation” and “AWE”) in one incredible package.
- Uncover The Mysteries – Unfold an epic supernatural struggle filled with unexpected characters and bizarre events as you search for your missing brother and discover the truth that has brought you here.
- Everything Is Your Weapon – Unleash destruction through transforming weaponry and telekinetic powers.
- Explore a Hidden World – Delve into the ominous expanses of a secretive government agency. Explore the Bureau’s shifting environments only to discover that there is always more than meets the eye…
- Fight For Control – Battle a relentless enemy through exciting missions and challenging boss fights to earn powerful upgrades that maximise your abilities and customise your weaponry.
- Complete Control Experience – Once you’ve uncovered the secrets hidden within the main storyline, it is time to explore further with “The Foundation” and “AWE” expansions included in Control Ultimate Edition.
It has to be said that this is a great mid-week blog post and it’s excellent to see two new titles joining the line-up. Pro Games yesterday and two new games today, it’s shaping up to be a solid week of announcements from the Stadia team.
What are your thoughts on the news?